Movement Retreat in Catalonia FLOW MOTION Between the mountains and the sea
At our house in Catalonia the weather is perfect...
We will spend six enjoyable days together, which will be a truly exceptional experience for both body and soul. The retreat will feature movement workshops with Yaron, yoga classes with Esther and Kate, and active recreation at the beach. In addition, we will become acquainted with the unique natural environment, distinctive wineries, vineyards, forgotten villages and isolated monasteries...
We will experience workshops that explore the relationship between the body and space, the body and the ground, bodies to one another and the body to itself.
We will experience and practice a combination of elements from the worlds of dance, developmental movement, natural movement, acting, martial arts and improvisation.
We will explore how we may adopt relaxation techniques into our lives, so that we may become more efficient, reduce stress, and achieve harmony through physical and mental practice.
Yaron - Leader of Conscious Movement communities
A movement teacher and researcher, physiotherapist, and leading instructor of the Connective Movement Method - FLOW MOTION.
Yaron facilitates free movement in open spaces, providing tools and ideas for our future lifestyle. He will instruct us in how we may adapt a lifestyle based on movement.
Esther - psychotherapist, yoga teacher
A psychologist by education, she trained in India, the cradle of yoga and meditation, where she studied and taught at the ashram in Rishikesh and Bangalore.
Specializes in Hatha Yoga and Rāja Yoga.
Kate - Yoga teacher and instructor for athletes
Kate has a teaching degree in health and physical education, and specializes in leading yoga groups, Pilates, and Bar. Kate will instruct us in a conscious, creative, and fun movement method that will improve our immunity, transform our wellbeing, and introduce us to a different way of thinking.
For those arriving from afar...
Day 1 - Thursday 21/9/2023 - Tel Aviv - Barcelona
Arrival to the airport in Barcelona, on a flight of your choice (not included in the price of the package) and self-transfer, or arrival on pre-coordinated flight and arranged transfer to the country guest house. ( Pre-planned flight is scheduled to arrive on the first day of the retreat at 13:55 , and the departing flight leaves on the sixth day of the retreat, at 23:00).
At the exit of the departure hall, we will meet our transfer vehicle, which will take us to where we will be staying during the retreat: a country house near the city of Girona (an approximately 90-minute trip).
After getting organized in out rooms, we will gather for an "ice-breaking" activity, until dinner.
After dinner we will gather once again for a light joint activity that will help us get to know one another.
Day 2 – Friday 22/9/2023 FLOW MOTION Workshop
After a light snack, we will go on a short walk to a nearby nature area. Once there, we will start our day with a short warm up, looking out towards the view. After a sumptuous breakfast, we will begin to experience the contents of the FLOW MOTION workshop, until noon.
After lunch and a period of rest, we will practice various techniques of body therapy, touching in couples, and meditative movement activities, to the sounds of soothing music.
After dinner we will talk about our lifestyle, about pain and its significance and those of us who feel the impetus will start moving our bodies based on the techniques we learned on the first day.
Day 3 – Saturday 23/9/2023 Yoga Encounter and Movement Workshop
After a morning snack, we will attend a yoga workshop with Esther, as we adapt to an atmosphere of relaxing activities in nature.
After breakfast, the program will be identical to the previous day, except that we will adjust ourselves to the preferences of the participants, based on their experiences from the day before.
Day 4 – Sunday 24/9/2023 Yoga on the Beach, Movement Workshop and a party celebrating the conclusion of the workshop.
Today we will wake a little earlier and will travel to the beach at Costa Brava (approximately 20 minutes by car) so that we can watch the sunrise and practice Yoga with Esther. Depending on the weather, we will continue with movement activities on the beach, or we will return to our home and continue with the activities there.
After eating a filling lunch, we will enjoy our customary siesta.
We will then summarize everything that we have learned and practiced in a joint conversation and will then move on to a MOVEMENT JAM, "Corridor of Angels" and a party, music, food, and drinks...
Day 5 – Monday 25/9/2023 – Free Day
Free day, according to the choice of participants, individually or as part of a group. Day trip to Barcelona, or to the amazing city of Girona. Alternately, we can hike along the rocky bay, or visit the villages of the “golden triangle.” We can walk through Cadaqués, tour the castle Gala Dalí de Púbol, or visit Port Ligat. The charming villages along the Costa Brava and a “Temple of Art,” which is devoted to a special woman – all of these are connected to the legacy of the famous painter Salvador Dali, who was a resident of this locale.
Day 6 – Tuesday, 26/9/2023 – Free Day and Return Home
Free day - according to the choice of participants, individually or as part of a group and depending on flight departure time. One possibility is a day trip to the villages of the Alt Empordà wine region, a visit and wine tasting at the winery of the local brand DO Empordà (denominación de origen). Other options: a trip to the Sant Pere de Rodes monastery for a look at the ruins that are perched on a mountaintop overlooking the coastal bays and the French border, or traveling to the easternmost point in Spain, the lighthouse of the Cap de Creus, where you can observe fascinating patterns of cliffs and rocks sculpted by the wind. For a delightful finale, those who are interested may dine at a fish restaurant overlooking the coastal coves.
- The venue: A relaxed but active retreat in a charming region of Catalonia, at an ideal and inspiring locale situated between the blue of the sea and the green of the forest, with the enduring presence of majestic mountains on the horizon.
- Movement workshops suitable for all ages, which feature a combination of physical activities as well as practical insights that each participant can implement as a way of life.
- Professional instructors create a dynamic and fertile cosmopolitan environment, in which you can experience and enjoy a variety of disciplines.
- Administrative aspects of the retreat are carefully planned to the last detail, leaving the participants free to enjoy the professional content of the workshops. We arrange transportation in an attached vehicle to all the activities that take place outdoors. Participants enjoy high-class gourmet meals, accommodation in a country guest house and free time for free activities to suit all tastes.
- The retreat is professionally planned with a unique and dynamic structure that enables a high level of workshop content, while at the same time allowing for program flexibility, depending on the nature of the participants and the group.
- Enjoyable planning of both aspects of the retreat - movement and yoga workshops, and day trips to attractions and points of interest (those that are familiar tourist sites, as well as those that are off the beaten track).
The Small Print
Flow Motion Retreat + an additional two days of touring (six days in total): €1,400
Flow Motion Retreat (total 3 days): €700
Payment by bank transfer
- Accommodation at a vintage traditional Catalan country house in a beautiful location situated between the Costa Brava and the Pyrenees, near the city of Girona. Accommodation is in a double room, or a room with four beds, (in which the shower and toilet are next to the room), a double room with an ensuite shower (suite), or a room with three beds and an ensuite shower (suite). There is an extra charge for a suite.
- Full Board – fine meals served in the country house, or on trips, depending on the location of the activity (except for lunches and dinners on the fifth and sixth day which are "free days" and where participants eat at a place of their choice.)
- Transfers to activity location, as detailed above.
- Instructors for activities, guides for the various trips.
- Transfer from the airport in Barcelona to the country house and back according to a coordinated flight date (for those arriving from outside of Catalonia).
Price does not include:
- Insurance appropriate to the nature of the activity – we must receive a copy of the participant's policy for the dates of the activity.
- Special transfer from the airport and back (Barcelona, Girona), if it falls on a date other than specified above.
- Special transfer at the request of a participant.
- Anything not in the "Price includes" section above.
- Composition of activities and trip routes may change due to weather conditions, instructions of local authorities, technical difficulties, or the decision of the instructor or guide for the benefit or safety of the group members and/or due to technical or administrative aspects of the trip.
Give us a call at +34 60 526 11 32 or send us a note, we'll gladly help
Take it from our happy customers
...Santiago has extensive knowledge of Spain: not just history, geography and culture but also the logistics of everyday life on the go...
...I would like to thank you in particular for the assistance and support that you gave us in every matter and your response to every request. I'm already thinking about the next trip!...
Spain is wonderful, and we visited all its special sites ... but in addition, the trip itinerary served us superbly. Indeed, it included many more places and activities than we had time to experience...
...I would like to thank you for the wonderful trip you planned for us in Spain. We fell in love in Spain and would be very happy to travel with your company again in another part of Spain! Hola!...