Madrid, Segovia, Pedraza, Maderuelo, Sierra Guadarama, Rio Duraton A vacation with outdoor challenges, extreme sports activities, self-guided navigation and hiking, ancient villages and cultural urban centers. Recommended duration: 5-14 Days
A challenge-level trip, with visits to the special attractions of the Madrid and Segovia region, combined with hiking routes for those with experience in hiking and orienteering as well as extreme sports in the lake and mountain areas.
Discover the environs of Madrid, Castile-Leon, Segovia and the city of Madrid.
Hike through the mountainous nature reserves north of Madrid. Although far from the coast, we will enjoy the water of the streams and lakes as we walk in the nature reserves.
Challenge yourself to an athletically demanding trip that includes sporting and fun activities in the lakes, hiking trails between villages and walking on cliffs that serve as a nesting place for birds of prey.
You will enjoy participating in extreme outdoor sports, however, these will be interspersed with relaxing intervals that will allow you to become familiar with life in the rural areas of Spain, and to discover architecture, culture, natural scenery and local cuisine.
Visit and experience the capital Madrid, which competes with and perhaps surpasses Barcelona as the "jewel in the crown" of Spain. with its impressive buildings, wide boulevards, fascinating city quarters, markets designed for day-to-day shopping, as well as markets where you can sample delicious tapas and quench your thirst with fresh-squeezed fruit juice, a pint of beer from the tap or a glass of wine.
Enjoy the lively nightlife or for more leisurely entertainment, relax in the green parks.
- Stay at a country villa which is conveniently located in the heart of the scenic area where you will be hiking and participating in activities. Make yourself at home in the Spanish country side and allow yourself to feel like you are an integral part of the scenery and the atmosphere.
- Walk through the National Park Hoces del Rio Riaza, hiking along the cliffs overlooking the river, and observe the astonishing sight of the church tower of the flooded village of Linares peeking above the surface of the water (due to drought and the falling water level of the lake.)
- Kayak along the river In the Rio Duration Nature Reserve and connect to the tranquility of the waterway, which is surrounded by towering granite cliffs. We will row to a cliff where a young majestic eagle may be observed practicing swooping across the canyon.
- Practice and learn the secrets of climbing and abseiling cliffs and continue to perfect your abilities on the spectacular trails in the mountains of Guadarama.
- Independently navigated hikes in nature reserve areas will take you to abandoned monasteries, cliff-nesting places of the royal vulture, lakes and many scenic viewpoints.
Give us a call at +34 93 220 64 33 or send us a note, we'll gladly help
Take it from our happy customers
...Santiago has extensive knowledge of Spain: not just history, geography and culture but also the logistics of everyday life on the go...
...I would like to thank you in particular for the assistance and support that you gave us in every matter and your response to every request. I'm already thinking about the next trip!...
Spain is wonderful, and we visited all its special sites ... but in addition, the trip itinerary served us superbly. Indeed, it included many more places and activities than we had time to experience...
...I would like to thank you for the wonderful trip you planned for us in Spain. We fell in love in Spain and would be very happy to travel with your company again in another part of Spain! Hola!...